Dr Richard Meredith BDS (Otago)
Richard graduated from the University of Otago in 1977 and began practice as a Dental House Surgeon at Christchurch Hospital. He then entered private practice in the central city for three years, then set up a group practice in Sydenham for the next 10 years. He developed Riccarton Dentists in 1991 and has practiced there ever since.
“I love being a dentist and have wanted to be one since I was an eight year old. I was terrified of dental procedures and underwent extractions with general anesthetic. Ironically this experience has proven to be of great help professionally. I have developed empathy with nervous patients and treat them with understanding, dignity and painlessness.
I will put you at ease, so that you make dental choices that are right for you. Your elected treatment can then be undertaken in a kind and comfortable manner.
Features of my practice delivery include:
- Very experienced and skilled in advanced sedation techniques.
- Broad choice of modern materials available.
- Highly personalised treatment planning and timing of treatment.
- Very experienced in cosmetic enhancement and oral rehabilitation.
- Technically advanced equipment e.g. CEREC CAD/CAM System, Lasers, Digital X-ray Imaging etc.
- I have retained a life long interest in learning and professional development to stay at the forefront of modern dental science.
- Currently undertaking advanced training in the placement of dental implants.
Debbie Williams my assistant of 15 years is very experienced in all aspects of dentistry and is highly skilled at putting you at ease.
We take pride in delivering high quality dentistry with integrity and great care. We look forward to meeting you.”